Friday, December 9, 2011

Looking back over the past semester in English 125, my writing skills and techniques have been refined and perfected.  Reading through my first blog post and my first couple of writings of the semester I can see a big difference in my writing now.  I have become a better writer in terms of not only focusing on in scene description which I was fairly good at before but now using dialogue, narration, and other techniques not just relying on in scene description.  I have also learned to apply to “so what” technique to the papers that I have written and will write in the future.  This technique will not only bring my essays together but will allow me to focus on the concentration and refine the work. 

Another major lesson that I have learned is the difference between works that rely on pathos vs. logos and ethos.  This lesson is essential when trying to write different types of works whether they are academic in style or for creative writing, it is necessary to employ the correct technique.

I also really enjoyed the activities that were done in class.  These were not only fun, but helped to solidify ideas and techniques that I will be able to use for the rest of college and eventually later in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment