Friday, December 2, 2011

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving- a time for family, Lions football and of course good food!  Thanksgiving for the past 5 or so years has been dramatically different from this year’s turkey day festivities.  This is the first year that I have actually been home for Thanksgiving.  Usually I am out west in Colorado at a ski camp for Thanksgiving break.  It felt different sitting at a table full of family, rather than a table full of racers and coaches.  This is not a bad thing though.  As much as I love skiing and the Thanksgiving camps that I have attended in years past; there is nothing like being surrounded by your family during Thanksgiving, especially after being at college for 3 months. 

     My Thanksgiving Day celebration began by watching Americas Thanksgiving Day parade on television.  As the floats and inflatable’s came across the screen I sipped on hot chocolate topped off with plenty of marshmallows and a heaping amount of whipped cream.  As the parade came to a close the Lions game followed soon after.  After watching the Lions fight the first half of the game, their implosion in the second half sure brought down my spirits, which were pretty high!

     That night I had dinner with my family, minus my sister who was out west skiing, along with my grandma.  There is nothing like a home cooked meal after weeks on end eating in a college cafeteria.  After dinner we had apple pie and vanilla ice-cream for dessert.  While apple pie for Thanksgiving may seem weird, no one in my family likes pumpkin pie.  Overall my Thanksgiving experience was quite enjoyable and relaxing.

No comments:

Post a Comment